[Ecls-list] Two little unicode fixes.

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 18 15:09:09 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 12:52 AM, Andy Hefner <ahefner at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've tracked down the cause of some encoding-related problems
> encountered while using string literals containing special characters
> (squared, cubed, and degree symbols) in source files encoded as
> latin-1. I specify :external-format :latin-1 to compile-file, but the
> resulting objects/fasls error at load-time during their
> initialization, the error indicating an attempt to decode latin-1
> characters as UTF-8. A peek at the .data file confirmed the characters
> were not UTF-8 encoded in the compiler output.

Thanks for tracking this down to the root. I believe this is related to a
different bug report in the mailing list later this month. Unfortunately I
had not completed the fixes to the locks/condition-variable codes until
today. I am uploading this evening a slightly different patch that covers
this bug and the other one you found.