[Ecls-list] APROPOS issues, proposed enhancement

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Wed Jun 27 22:27:18 UTC 2012

On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 05:29:11 -0400
Matthew Mondor <mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 02:23:07 -0400
> Matthew Mondor <mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net> wrote:
>
> > (defun apropos (string &optional package)
>
> Alternate implementation:

This implementation has obviously an issue when printing large values
which require pretty printing, because it's not printed directly to the
stream.  I guess that an alternative would be to store pairs in a list,
sort it, and then display them, it'd also be possible to use FORMAT's
support for lists and columns/tables, possibly.

But other implementations don't print the value of bound symbols.  I've
not tested if this is problematic if we print huge lists or arrays yet,
too...
--
Matt