[Ecls-list] standalone executable under Windows with MSVC and socket support

Antonio Bonifati antonio.bonifati at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 08:55:08 UTC 2012

On 12 June 2012 09:42, CRLF0710 <crlf0710 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think you might want to try something like
> (asdf:make-build :hyde :type :program :epilogue-code '(funcall (intern "
MY-PKG-MAIN" 'cl-user)))
> and maybe there are some even better ways to do this.

Thanks for trying to solve this problem. Unfortunately, using funcall did
not work. I still get undefined function (but server-start is both defined
and exported in my package). Since my clumsy hack works, I will stick to
that until I find a better working solution. The reason I want to run the
init code in the cl-user package and not in my package is I do not want
user-level Lisp code to be able to access the internals (private functions)
of the server package. asdf:make-build does not seem to provide a simple
way to do it. Moreover another library using my package would want to have
full control on when to start the server, that is not necessarily on
package loading.

[ant at mira hyde]$ ./server

|start-server|
Condition of type: UNDEFINED-FUNCTION
The function |start-server| is undefined.

No restarts available.

Top level in: #<process TOP-LEVEL>.

PS: Wir müssen wissen; wir werden wissen! is Vogliamo sapere e sapremo! in
Italian