[Ecls-list] Something about ASDF...

Mark Cox markcox80 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 05:58:24 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 3:23 PM, CRLF0710 <crlf0710 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, i'm new to ECL. Whenever i add ASDF as a dependency in .asd file,
> asdf:make-build will then refuse to build the project. Is it actually
> possible to include the asdf system in the generated mono image file?
>
> Besides, (and the real problem), when i add the cl-unification library (from
> quicklisp dist) as a dependency, the generated program will give the error:
>
> ASDF::DO-DEFSYSTEM
> Condition of type: UNDEFINED-FUNCTION
> The function ASDF::DO-DEFSYSTEM is undefined.
> No restarts available.

If I understand you correctly, you should add prebuilt-asdf as a
system dependency in your .asd file. i.e. :depends-on (prebuilt-asdf)

Currently, ECL has an issue with building monolithic programs with
that dependency (well on my system at least, OSX 10.7.4). It tries to
find libLIBASDF rather than libasdf.

Thanks
Mark