[Ecls-list] Documentation format poll

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Mon Jun 11 19:07:13 UTC 2012

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 11:44:15 +0200
Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Please have a look at the manual
>     http://ecls.sourceforge.net/new-manual/
>
> I am working on it now, removing statements that were obsolete and adding
> some reference to the C functions. Since the C core is just a small
> superset of the Common Lisp standard, I think it is best to add the C
> reference as an additional dictionary on top of Part I of the book. What do
> you think?

I noticed the new "C Reference" subsections, that's great to have.
Unfortunately I don't understand your question about the additional
dictionary on top of Part I, however :)

I would suggest the following change:

6.3.2. OpenBSD and NetBSD

Perhaps this should also include Linux and FreeBSD, and the paragraph
should probably mention libffi, and the alternative of using:

--with-dffi=included --enable-boehm=included --with-gmp=included

This also reminds me that I'm confused about these names when looking
at ./configure --help, because both --enable-boehm and
--with-system-boehm are marked deprecated...  perhaps that eventually
--with-boehm=<option> could be used instead of both, to match the
others?

Thanks,
--
Matt