[Ecls-list] Creating C Routine

David Brown lisp at davidb.org
Sat Jun 9 19:16:20 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jun 09, 2012 at 06:55:15PM +0200, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:

>I would go as far as to argue that what you demand is impossible. The following
>program apparently uses only two functions, but it has access to the whole
>Common Lisp library

The tree shakers usually have some type of configuration that allows
the developer to specify what is needed (since that isn't determinable
from the code directly).  They usually have various options, from
eliminating symbol names entirely, to giving a list of symbols from
common-lisp that the application expects to need, to pulling in all of
common-lisp.

They're usually a good bit of work to implement, and kind of a major
feature of the implementations that have them.

David