[Ecls-list] ASDF:make-build: problem including a bundled-in module

Antonio Bonifati antonio.bonifati at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 15:03:38 UTC 2012

I need to test your patience again, sorry.

I am trying to make into a single program a system which depends on the
socket library bundled-in with ECL.

(defsystem my-sys
   (:depends-on (:sb-bsd-sockets))

... and everything works when I load my system with:

(asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :my-sys)

But if I run:

(asdf:make-build :my-sys :type :program)

I get:

An error occurred during initialization:
Filesystem error with pathname #P"SYS:libLIBSB-BSD-SOCKETS.A.NEWEST".
Either
  1) the file does not exist, or
  2) we are not allowed to access the file, or
  3) the pathname points to a broken symbolic link..

I do have /usr/lib/ecl-12.2.1/libsb-bsd-sockets.a. Is that pathname
correct? Shouldn't be a / separating lib and LIBSB?

Moreover why are there two libraries sockets and sb-bsd-sockets? What is
the difference? Which one should I depend on?

;;; Grazie