[Ecls-list] Release candidate?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 21:48:57 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 11:39 PM, Anton Vodonosov <avodonosov at yandex.ru>wrote:

> Could you explain what do you mean by one table per platform?
> And in general I am interested to know what a compiler maintainer
> would like to see in reports.

I meant that each of the rows could have a separate page. Currently it is
quite complicated for me to see everything on my little laptop screen.

> > Would it be possible to distinguish between test failure and build
> failure? That would set up priorities straight.
>
> There is no separate test status for build failure (I saw on ECL test farm
> record build status and test status separately and considered but haven't
> decided to introduce it yet).

It shouldn't be very difficult for your setup, I believe. When I use
quicklisp for testing I distinguish two phases: building the library I want
to test (this may produce errors) and then running the tests themselves
(which produces the output you have right now).

> Today you have 4 ECL version x 56 libraries = 224 test results. Lot for
> work to review everything.
> And we will add more libraries / more ECL versions. I came to a conclusion
> that a better strategy is not to review every test result, but to
> concentrate on regressions

Regressions are indeed very useful, but probably more once the set of
libraries that is working is larger. Right now it would be very useful to
sort the libraries by dependencies: those that other depends on and fail
will likely cause failures on other libraries themselves. Again, that
should be programatically easy to do, given ASDF's tree of dependencies (or
quicklisp's for that matter).

In any case, thanks for the great job you are doing!