[Ecls-list] Further integration between quicklisp and ECL

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 16:51:05 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 6:32 PM, H Durer <h.duerer at gmail.com> wrote:

> | ;;; The following lines added by ql:add-to-init-file:
> | #-quicklisp
> | (let ((quicklisp-init (merge-pathnames "quicklisp/setup.lisp"
> |                                         (user-homedir-pathname))))
> |   (when (probe-file quicklisp-init)
> |     (load quicklisp-init)))
>
> With your system, where do the quicklisp files live; I guess I could
> get rid of my ~quicklisp/ dir?

:ecl-quicklisp does basically the same:

* If quicklisp was not loaded
  +  It checks for quicklisp's initialization file. If it is not present,
it installs quicklisp.
  + Quicklisp's setup.lisp is loaded
* Quicklisp's quickload is registered with REQUIRE/PROVIDE

So basically you can replace the code above with a simple (require
:ecl-quicklisp)