[Ecls-list] Further integration between quicklisp and ECL

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 10:26:38 UTC 2012

As you may recall, ECL now ships a module :ecl-quicklisp that installs and
loads quicklisp. I made several changes to it:

* If quicklisp has already been loaded, ECL will not reload it.

* (require :ecl-quicklisp) installs quicklisp on different locations
depending on the port. For Windows, the destination is the directory where
ECL is installed. For all other platforms, quicklisp will be installed in
its default location at the home directory.

* When (require :ecl-quicklisp) succeeds, REQUIRE starts understanding
quicklisp packages. Thus, the following works

(require :ecl-quicklisp)
(require :cl-ppcre)

Hope this will be as useful to you as it is to me right now.