[Ecls-list] cannot build fricas using ecl

Waldek Hebisch hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl
Sun Jan 22 16:15:36 UTC 2012

Dima Pasechnik wrote:

> Is it a known problem?
> Both fricas from their svn and fricas-1.0.9 (a Sage's optional
> package) can't be built using ecl-11.1.1.
> One gets lisp errors, as follows:
>
> [....]
> #P"/tmp/fricas/src/lisp/fricas-lisp.lisp"
> >
> #<"FRICAS-LISP" package>
> FRICAS-LISP>
> ;;;
> ;;; Compiling fricas-package.lisp.
> ;;; OPTIMIZE levels: Safety=1, Space=0, Speed=3, Debug=0
> ;;;
> ;;; End of Pass 1.
> ;;; Internal error:
> ;;;   ** Unable to find include directory
> NIL
> [...]

I regularly build FriCAS using ecl and I never saw error like
this.  Juanjo knows better, but AFAICS ecl is unable to find
files needed for compilation.  First guess is that you moved
ecl installation, but did not adjust ecl variables which
point apropiate directories (sorry, I do not remember details,
but they should be in manual and/or mailing list archive).

I wonder if you can compile _any_ Lisp file: the 'fricas-package.lisp'
is the very first file which gets compiled (before that FriCAS
loads a few files, but those are interpreted).

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl