[Ecls-list] regression involving macro expansion, GETHASH, SETF, and HASH-SET

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 1 19:14:30 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 7:34 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at cs.tamu.edu> wrote:

> A fresh update of my local copy of ECL CVS version shows a regression
> involving macro expansion, GETHASH, SETF and HASH-SET.  In short, after
> expansion, the arguments to HASH-SET seems to be switched.

Thanks for reporting. The problem is not actually related to the hash
functions. ECL now includes a tiny SETF form optimizer that simplifies some
expressions, trying to reduce the number of LET bindings that are
generated. Your macro reordered the list of arguments w.r.t the list
produced by the get-setf-expansion and this confused the optimizer. I will
upload a patch tonight.