[Ecls-list] Slightly disruptive change (in threads)

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 17 19:41:00 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 8:30 PM, Matthew Mondor <mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net>wrote:

> I'm unfortunately not familiar enough with boehm-gc, but is it possible
> that it still uses OS-provided mutexes when ECL uses its own locks?  If
> so, could it cause issues?  Or can ECL feed boehm-gc its own locking
> primitives which it uses?  Does it matter at all?

There should be no problem with this. At most the garbage collector might
try to suspend ECL while locking and that leave the whole system in an
indeterminate state, but AFAI the spinlock construct I made is robust
against interrupts.

Thanks for the other information. I will try to use it during the weekend.
I also have some idea on how to implement a wakeup system.