[Ecls-list] ECL-12.2.1

Paul Bowyer pbowyer at olynet.com
Sun Feb 12 03:39:58 UTC 2012

Hello again Juanjo:

I downloaded a fresh copy of ECL-12.2.1 using git this evening and built
it with:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/ecl32 -enable-threads=yes
--with-__thread=no --enable-boehm=included --with-gmp=included
--with-dffi=included --with-clx=builtin --enable-rpath=yes

The build completed OK so I installed it, which also completed OK.

I then ran "make check" and that did not complete OK. The ansi tests
completed with the usual "31 out of 21713 total tests failed" but the
regressions tests did not complete. The last two lines in the
regressions.log were:
#P"/home/pfb/my-ecl-sandbox/ecl/build/tests/regressions/cmp-001.lsp"
CL-TEST> ;;; Warning: Redefining test MOP-0004-DEFCLASS-OPTIONS

When the regression tests started, my hard drive light came on for a
long time and I thought bad things were going to happen, but it finally
returned to normal and I was able to examine the regressions.log.

I know you have many things to worry about with the new release, so do
the important things first and then worry about the tests.

Paul Bowyer