[Ecls-list] embedding questions

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Sat Dec 8 10:47:11 UTC 2012

On Sat, 8 Dec 2012 01:46:16 -0600
Peter Keller <psilord at cs.wisc.edu> wrote:

Only to add to what Juanjo already said:

> 2. Are there any issues or special considerations with creating CLOS
> objects and then calling methods on them from the C side? Will those
> methods dispatch correctly on the arguments without additional poking
> from the C side?

A precaution is necessary if Lisp functions will be called from C
by threads which weren't started by ECL: such threads should first be
"registered" with ECL.  This is not an issue specific to ECL though, as
I've seen this with other embeddable languages.

> 3. I have a situation where I have C structures full of data and want
> to push them into/bring them out of the Lisp side. Are things like
> si_make_structure what I'm supposed to use on the C side? Are there
> idioms I should know about to perform this type of data translation?

You might also want to look at the archives of this mailing list, as
related discussions happened before, including very recently.

But feel free to ask for more details as well,
--
Matt