[Ecls-list] Regressions in quicklisp & releases

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 10:20:32 UTC 2012

Some of you may have found that the recent update of quicklisp broke with
ECL in a number of ways. I am trying to figure out how many of those
regressions are due to the recent fixes but at least the following is true:

* Quicklisp ships with the newest asdf
* cffi-grovel was not prepared to work with it
* as a result several libraries such as iolib break

The cffi developers have already found a fix for this. I hope this will be
incorporated soon, together with the closer-mop fixes.

Meanwhile, this means that I am a bit at a loss about the quality of the
current ECL tree. I will however proceed with tests on Windows, fix a
couple of reported bugs and produce a new release some time this week.

Please report (through the SF application) any further problems that you
may keep in your pocket.