[Ecls-list] ECL & Closer-mop

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 21:48:49 UTC 2012

On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 9:11 PM, Pascal Costanza <pc at p-cos.net> wrote:

> 4) DEFMETHOD doesn't call MAKE-METHOD-LAMBDA to determine the method
> function body. [My guess is that this is not easy to change due to the
> deviation from the MOP specification in how method functions are called.]

I will look into the other issues, but this is definitely not true. In
ecl/src/clos/method.lsp, line 82,
  (multiple-value-bind (fn-form options)
      (make-method-lambda generic-function method lambda-form env)
    (when documentation
      (setf options (list* :documentation documentation options)))
    (multiple-value-bind (wrapped-lambda wrapped-p)
 (simplify-lambda name fn-form)

ECL calls make-method lambda and then looks at the output to see whether it
can be transformed into the C-optimized dispatch that we use.

It would be important to have a test case that shows when
make-method-lambda is not working. What in particular made you think so?