[Ecls-list] Important: Repository changes

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Sat Aug 11 07:25:50 UTC 2012

On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 16:15:19 +0200
Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com> wrote:

> Unexpectedly, the addresses for the git repositories have changed with the
> upgrade. We now have both http and git access and the new addresses (read
> only) are
>
> git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/ecls/ecl ecls-ecl
> git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/ecls/ecl-doc ecls-ecl-doc

I must say that I have little experience with Git, having first used it
with this project.

For some time I would occasionally simply try a "git pull" in case
sourceforge could still use the repository my git tree was configured
to use, but there seemed to be no more updates.

So I tried to tell git to select a new remote master:

$ git remote rm origin
$ git remote add origin git://git.code.sf.net/p/ecls/ecl
$ git config master.remote origin
$ git config master.merge refs/heads/master

Yet if I try simply "git pull", I get an error that I should now
specify a branch.  If I try "git pull master" I get another error that
the repository doesn't exist...

Fortunately I had kept a backup of the working tree before beginning my
tests to switch remote repository, but it is still configured for the
old one:

$ git remote -v
origin  git://ecls.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/ecls/ecl (fetch)
origin  git://ecls.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/ecls/ecl (push)
$ git pull
Already up-to-date. (no connection error, though)

I'd gladly follow suggestions from someone who has more Git
experience :)

Thanks,
--
Matt