[Ecls-list] Problem building ECL on Cygwin

Jean-Pierre Flori jpflori at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 14:33:03 UTC 2012

Dear all,

A few weeks ago I attempted to build different versions of ECL (10.4,
11.1 and 12.stg) on Cygwin 1.7.15 and now on 1.7.16 and had problems
because of the C type fd_set is undefined.
On the one hand it indeed seems that recent (or at least the one I
got!) versions of Cygwin do not define fd_set (in sys/types.h) when
_WINSOCKAPI_ is defined.
On the other hand, it seems that ECL unconditionaly defines
_WINSOCKAPI_ in ecl-cmp.h.
For my purposes with Sage I patched that file not to define
_WINSOCKAPI_ when __CYGWIN__ is.

See http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/13324 for further details.

I tried to directly submit a bug on sf.net but can not devise how to
do that (I created an account and went to the bugs page of the ECL
project but there was no obvious button to click on).

Best,

--
Jean-Pierre Flori