[Ecls-list] slowdown using Slime

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 20 22:00:44 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 4:42 AM, Daniel Herring <dherring at tentpost.com>wrote:

> One of the pauses occurs when editing a make-instance form in a source
> buffer.  Every time I type a key in a make-instance form, there is a pause
> and a string prints in the slime-repl buffer.  Cursor key or text doesn't
> matter.
>
> SWANK-MOP:COMPUTE-APPLICABLE-METHODS-USING-CLASSES

ECL now provides COMPUTE-A-M-U-CLASSES and thus I changed Slime to use it
when available. When it is not available, Slime unfortunately enters in a
complicated loop of errors that slow it down. I really cannot do much to
fix that situation, but given that ECL will provide this new generic
function, it does not make sense to waste more time on it.

The changes have been committed both to ECL's and Slime's repos.

Please report further issues if you discover them.