[Ecls-list] Locking strategy (best so far)

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Tue Apr 3 10:17:05 UTC 2012

On Tue, 3 Apr 2012 09:51:59 +0200
Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:

> ... somehow these threads did not respond to the signal. I do not really
> understand it. Was it before a change I did recently? ECL now _only_ blocks
> its communication signal in sigsuspend(). It should not be blocking the
> signal from the garbage collector.

The issue started to occur when I imported your new changes after
reading your message that started this thread (Message-ID:
<CANejTzqbReyz6dgpqXCvpKtCh+7DbjN+Ldb7LG5qD8QK8wQT_w at mail.gmail.com>).
The new implementation before that thread, including where you
implemented a FIFO, were not blocking.  Perhaps that the issue is with
the GC, as it's similar, although much less random (this always locks
now), than an older problem with the stable release ECL locks
implementation...

I could try to check the masks and signals of the threads the next time
I give it a try.
--
Matt