[Ecls-list] Improving ECL (and my software :)

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Fri Sep 9 13:10:25 UTC 2011

On Thu, 8 Sep 2011 20:54:55 -0400
Matthew Mondor <mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net> wrote:

> > Hi Matthew, I have not been able to reproduce the crashes yet, but I solved
> > this problem. The value that you compute as "content-length" in the http
> > header is the number of lisp characters, not the number of bytes in the
> > utf-8 encoding. When I changed it to compute the length of the encoded
> > string, then the server worked perfectly (it is very nice and feels very
> > snappy indeed!)
> Oh!  A definite bug on my part :) thank you very much as I didn't
> notice this at all.  So I should encode the output first for UTF-8
> mode, then actually send bytes rather than characters.

So I commited a fix this morning for that part, and it works like a
charm.  The encoding is now provided as a keyword symbol rather than as
a string as well.

More information about the ecl-devel mailing list