[Ecls-list] Improving ECL (and my software :)

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 8 17:26:13 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 3:59 PM, Matthew Mondor <mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net>wrote:

> The other problem, which I only discovered yesterday night when testing
> the first dynamic application appears to be unicode related: In the
> test application many messages can be entered of various length and
> everything is fine.  Yet if I start copy-pasting UTF-8 from
> UTF-8-demo.txt
> (http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ucs/examples/UTF-8-demo.txt) then
> eventually the whole document isn't sent anymore, with the browser
> waiting for it to finish loading but it doesn't (a partial page
> results)

Hi Matthew, I have not been able to reproduce the crashes yet, but I solved
this problem. The value that you compute as "content-length" in the http
header is the number of lisp characters, not the number of bytes in the
utf-8 encoding. When I changed it to compute the length of the encoded
string, then the server worked perfectly (it is very nice and feels very
snappy indeed!)

I will continue investigating the other stuff.


Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC
c/ Serrano, 113b, Madrid 28006 (Spain)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://mailman.common-lisp.net/pipermail/ecl-devel/attachments/20110908/c319d10c/attachment.html>

More information about the ecl-devel mailing list