[Ecls-list] C::*DELETE-FILES*

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Fri Sep 2 08:13:47 UTC 2011

Hello again,

I noticed that despite having C::*DELETE-FILES* set to T I somehow
still get dangling files when using C-c C-c on functions in
Emacs+SLIME.  I didn't really look into the code to see why as it's not
a major problem, but since I'm writing about that toggle variable it
also came to my mind.

But there is also another problem: if I set it to NIL and compile a
file (or use C-c C-c on a function), I can see various files but the
file containing the VV[] data appears absent.  I wonder if it
inconditionally gets deleted?  I remember some time ago also being able
to go look at the data.  Also, there is a *.data file, but it's almost
empty:

#define compiler_data_text NULL
#define compiler_data_text_size 0

Any suggestions?  Sometimes I like to look at the generated C code and
data, as it's useful when debugging.

Thanks,
--
Matt