[Ecls-list] another problem building maxima on cygwin (sage-devel)

Dima Pasechnik dimpase+ecl at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 17:59:25 UTC 2011

Dear all,
I guess I figured this out. Sorry for noise.
This problem was in weird behavior of capitalization of filenames and
directory names, and/or in the fact thatI was building in a
subdirectory of the home directory of a WIndows domain user...
Moving the build tree to a saner place fixed this weirdness.
(That's of course something to look at still, but not so urgent).

And then I was back to where we were stuck last Spring, namely, that
the temporary DDLs created by ECL were breaking Cygwin's fork command.
(I think it was reported here, too).

So I tried to pass options to the external linker, by setting(setf
c:*user-ld-flags* "-Wl,--enable-auto-image-base")before calling
asdf.It didn't help, but(setf c:*user-ld-flags*
"-Wl,--image-base=0x79000000")did! This means, create temporary DLLs
starting at the address 0x79000000; all the other Cygwin and Sage DDLs
are rebased from 0x77000000, andthat's probably what makes the thing
work OK. Of course it's a terrible hack, but in the absence of a
better one it would do, hopefully.
Best,
Dima