[Ecls-list] I need a little more help

Paul Bowyer pbowyer at olynet.com
Thu Nov 24 23:51:34 UTC 2011

On 11/23/2011 11:56 PM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
> Hi Paul, have you tried adding :clx to the dependencies list of your
> ASDF file? If that is not present, there is no way ECL knows that CLX
> must be part of your system. An alternative is to insert an explicit
> (require :clx) at the beginning of your program, but then you will
> have to ship clx.fas with your program.
>
> Juanjo
>
> --
> Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC
> c/ Serrano, 113b, Madrid 28006 (Spain)
> http://juanjose.garciaripoll.googlepages.com
Juanjo:

After adding ":depends-on (:clx)" to my ".asd" file, "clx-gui-mono" no
longer errors out. I tried ":depends-on (:xlib)" which is also in
"*features*" but it didn't like that.

  However, I still haven't discovered how to invoke "(clx-gui:start)"
when I run "clx-gui-mono". All "clx-gui-mono" does when I run it is
terminate without doing anything.

I know that the application runs without problems because from the ECL
prompt, I can do:
     (load "clx-gui")
     (clx-gui:start)
which runs the application.

So again I ask:
What is the proper way to access a particular function of a stand-alone
executable at start up? Is it done somehow in the ".asd" file or by
passing arguments to the executable? I again tried various renditions of
(eval-when... but without success. I haven't yet discovered the correct
combination and I've run out of things I can think of to try.

Thanks,

Paul