[Ecls-list] I need a little more help

Paul Bowyer pbowyer at olynet.com
Thu Nov 24 00:27:49 UTC 2011

Juanjo:

I have the start of a simple CLX application that's spread over 6 lisp
files. The name of the application is "clx-gui".

I chose to follow the asdf building model that's shown in the "examples"
folder of ECL to build the "clx-gui.fasb" and the "clx-gui-mono"
stand-alone executable.

Everything compiles without problems and the ".fasb" file is produced
normally, but the "clx-gui-mono" executable errors out when it runs
because I don't seem to know how to access (clx-gui:start).

I am able to start ECL and (load "clx-gui") to load the ".fasb" file and
issue (clx-gui:start) at the prompt which then runs without problems.

I've tried using (eval-when ...) but that doesn't work and neither does
trying to pass the function name in as a parameter to "clx-gui-mono".

What is the proper way to access a particular function of a stand-alone
executable at start up?

Paul