[Ecls-list] I need a little help please

Paul Bowyer pbowyer at olynet.com
Fri Nov 18 17:11:40 UTC 2011

On 11/18/2011 01:09 AM, Matthew Mondor wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 10:01:05 +0100
> Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll<juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com>  wrote:
>
>> I am not sure what you mean by "not able to access the CLX functions". It
>> seems that your code was indeed able to call XLIB's functions. What is
>> shown above is a protocol error, am I wrong? As Matthew explained, it may
>> be due to CLX, but it might also be due to ECL corrupting the communication
>> (unlikely but possible). I will try with some other machine myself.
> It's indeed a protocol error, like if the message request was wrong or
> the like...
>
> Interesting for reference:
>
> My older message about it:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/ecls-list@lists.sourceforge.net/msg01145.html
>
> A 2008 thread about a similar problem:
> http://lists.common-lisp.net/pipermail/mcclim-devel/2008-January/006825.html
>
> Thanks,
Hello Mathew:

I've attached a slightly different copy of the CLX test code that I
tried using SBCL 1.0.48 in slime and it compiles and runs without incident.

The difference is that the CLX I use with sbcl was downloaded using
clbuild and lives in a different folder on my system. I've done some
cursory checks to see if it's the same CLX, and it appears to be, but my
checks for similarity were not exhaustive.

Thanks for looking into this problem. I'd like to have CLX work with ECL
because I think it would offer some interesting ways to build portable
graphics applications.

Paul