[Ecls-list] ecl-test

Paul Bowyer pbowyer at olynet.com
Sat Nov 12 23:26:02 UTC 2011

On 11/12/2011 12:17 AM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 12:37 AM, Paul Bowyer <pbowyer at olynet.com
> <mailto:pbowyer at olynet.com>> wrote:
>
>     Thanks for letting me know about the bug. I'll quit trying to work
>     with ECL and the test suite until I know you have it fixed. Please
>     send me a email when you get everything working.
>

> The problem has been "fixed" in the following sense. ECL has two ways
> of storing constants in compiled code. One does not seem to work. It
> is deactivated again. I will work on it. You may build ECL again and
> it should build the test suite without too many problems
>
> Juanjo
>
> --
> Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC
> c/ Serrano, 113b, Madrid 28006 (Spain)
> http://juanjose.garciaripoll.googlepages.com
Juanjo:

I downloaded again ecl and ecl-test from the git repository and using
the same configuration incantation as I did originally, I built and
installed ecl, which occurred without problems.

I then ran the test suite, which ran for quite some time, and it
produced a complete "ansi.log" file with only "27 out of 21703 total
tests failed" and a list of those failures.

However, the "bugs.log" file still shows that an error occurred during
its run so I'm attaching it for your inspection in case it is not part
of the "yet to be fixed" problem mentioned in your reply.

Thanks for your effort with the test suite problem. I'm a relatively new
common lisp user so I probably can't be of much assistance with tracking
down problems, but I can try to report them when/if I stumble across them.

Paul