[Ecls-list] Compiling .lsp files to .c, .h

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun May 22 16:21:24 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 3:59 PM, Denis Martinez <deuns.martinez at gmail.com>wrote:

> Currently I use Linux as host and win32 as target, but I also plan Android
> later.
> If I understand, the cross compile process you speak of creates a bootstrap
> compiler matching the target's settings. So I am supposed to build my own
> and compile my shared lib using it, right ?

The whole process should be automated by autoconf. Roughly it all amounts to
having a copy of ECL that is configured using the same features (threads or
not, unicode or not, etc), then configuring using --with-cross-config and
the right types of build and host platforms, editing the configuration file
and proceeding with the configuration and the build

But the problem I see is with the particular combination of host and target:
cross compiling from a Unix-type platform to a Windows-type one might reveal
problems that we did not think of.