[Ecls-list] hash-table implicit mp:lock

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Sun Jul 31 22:41:56 UTC 2011

On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 23:54:51 +0200
Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I removed the last references to the keyword argument :lockable in
> lsp/trace.lsp and in contrib/profile.

ECL now works fine again for me so far; and I can notice a slight
performance improvement in a test server wich now serves ~3 more
connections per second than before (about ~260 per second).  This is
not a case where global read-only hash tables are used concurrently
though, but I'd expect performance to be even better for such cases now.

When I did the earlier code review I also noticed that the package
symbol operations were using a global lock rather than a per-package
one.  It's not clear to me which is better in this case; perhaps
eventually I'll try to use per-package ones for symbol manipulation and
profile the code; if performance is improved and stability maintained,
I'll then report with a diff.

Thanks again,
--
Matt