[Ecls-list] Proposed minor change to sockets.lisp

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Fri Jul 29 06:40:01 UTC 2011

On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 13:15:01 -0400
Matthew Mondor <mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net> wrote:

> This minor patch adds a third value, the port number.  The SBCL
> documentation on sb-bsd-sockets:socket-accept also only refers to two
> values, but adding a third value should not hurt existing applications,
> and seems to be the logical thing to do.  I did not check if the actual
> SBCL implementation also now does it, but it's possible; it otherwise
> would be good to file a bug report for it...

At least according to SBCL's documentation string for SOCKET-ACCEPT, it
also doesn't send the port number as a third value.  I'll try to talk
to SBCL developers about if they want this too, afterall ECL's socket
layer would only be fully compatible with SBCL's if both did it, even
if I think this change would not break old code.

Thanks,
--
Matt