[Ecls-list] logior/ash and fixnum inlining

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 27 21:35:52 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 12:19 AM, Matthew Mondor
<mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net>wrote:

> And the following works.  I assume that ASH calls are not getting
> inlined in relation to the comment in the code about undefined C
> compiler behaviour in some circumstances, which would require the
> inlining code to be more complex to only inline in appropriate
> circumstances... and using c::shift<< makes it easier in this case.

If possible, please refrain from using c::shift<< It is a remnant from the
former ASH optimizer. If you need it in your code, define it as your own
macro wrapping around C-INLINE, but this function will disappear (In general
anything outside CL, EXT and the SB-SOCKETS and other SB-* packages should
not be used).

I had to fix something in the compiler and used this chance to add a
candidate for an optimizer of ASH. Seems to work with your example, please
report any problems.