[Ecls-list] Compile Flags

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 27 07:51:50 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 11:00 PM, Mark McCurry <mark.d.mccurry at gmail.com>wrote:

> Based upon the documentation, I assumed that using the "-h" and "-c"
> flags would generate the code such that an external C program could
> compile and link to the generated code.

No. The generated files are not for you to use. Lisp files have to be
compiled by ECL. If you need to use those files in a C program, then you
have to use libraries or binaries produced by ECL, not using your own
compiler. There is a lot of black magic going on behind the curtains that is
not just calling the compiler.

Embedding of ECL in C programs has been discussed at length here and at the
ECL wiki.