[Ecls-list] logior/ash and fixnum inlining

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 27 07:48:39 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 4:24 PM, Matthew Mondor <mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net>wrote:

> When looking at the cmp/ proclamations, it's unclear to me why the
> following code does not inline to C << and |.  Perhaps I'm missing
> something obvious?

The code in proclamations.lsp is very generic: it just declares the types of
the arguments of ASH, not the type of the result. The code in sysfun.lsp is
the original one responsible for simple inlining (the type that is based on
pattern matching the input and output types, together with the safety
level). I see no code for ASH or LOGIOR there.