[Ecls-list] Problem in ECL init on IPhone

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 31 08:37:33 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 12:55 AM, Matt Lamari <matt.lamari at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1.  I just reimplemented the instructions at the link I sent you earlier,
> to the same results - simulator worked, device build looped churning ram
> until running out of ram.

Ok, so the problems are already in 10.4

>  3.  I pulled the tip from sourceforge git clone git://
> ecls.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/ecls/ecl and ran the build.sh script in
> the instructions.  I did NOT run the patch (as it would corrupt the makefile
> in a prior attempt).  However, hit a compile/link error

This was somehow expected, as the patches referred to 10.4, but I wasn't
sure whether your original errors were related to step 1. or to step 3.

I have integrated most of Ram Krishnan's patches into ECL, but I can not
upload them to Sourceforge due to the outage that I mentioned before. Once
these patches are uploaded, the sources of ecl-ios-... can be updated to
take advantage of it. I would advise then trying with that version and see
whether the problems are solved -- a lot of things have been fixed from 10.4
to 10.7 and there might be some hidden errors that only became evident in
your iPhone build.

I also talked to R. Krishnan by email, very briefly. He is sick right now
but should come back at some point. I believe the right path would be to
help each other in fixing whatever cross-compilation problems there are left
and improving the ecl-ios-... build to the point where any problem can only
be due to a bug in ECL.

Sorry that I can not help beyond this point right now.