[Ecls-list] Problem in ECL init on IPhone

Matt Lamari matt.lamari at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 08:15:22 UTC 2011

I've built the https://github.com/kriyative/ecl-iphone-builder/tree/centaur
centaur branch.  It's quite involved; but seems to work.

Indeed, the Simulator version works just fine.

I'm having a problem, however, at runtime on the iOS device itself,
inside of init.

Essentially, ecl_boot calls cl_boot which calls read_vv

In the debugger, some line:
        x = cl_core.packages_to_be_created;
in read_vv causes init_lib_LSP to run

Toward the top is a call to make_instance which calls through
L40computeApplicableMethods

L40computeApplicableMethods in kernel.c seems to me to be
autogenerated.  However, it seems to be in an infinite loop, consing and
calling "cl_delete" in said goto-based loop.
In the simulator, it gets in and out of L40computeApplicableMethods
quite quickly.

I was wondering if someone more familiar with this codebase could give
me more of a head start.  While the cause may be elsewhere, I'd like the
guidance of someone who knows this codebase on how to converge upon a
solution.

Thanks,
Matt