[Ecls-list] Missing RPATH when linking ecl_min

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Wed Jan 26 07:40:45 UTC 2011

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 20:05:44 -0500
Matthew Mondor <mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net> wrote:

> Because -L is allright, linking succeeds.  However, because RPATH is
> missing, ecl_min invokation fails when trying to dynamically link
> libffi.  BTW, I also tried disabling libffi support using
> --with-dffi=NO but it didn't remove dependency on libffi either.  I
> suppose that runtime linking would also have failed on libgmp and
> libgc, which in my case are all under /usr/pkg/lib.
>
> Should I explicitely add an RPATH declaration to LDFLAGS myself, or is
> this a bug where the ecl_min bootstrap should do it?

The attached diff fixes it for me, although I'm not sure how "portable"
it is on the various toolchains and setups.

Although this doesn't explicitely add an -L and RPATH combination for
libffi (it appears that configuration magic is missing for that
library), since libffi is likely to be at the same location as gmp and
boehm, it's probably "safe enough" and fixes the above issue for me.

Thanks,
--
Matt