[Ecls-list] Unicode: uncomfortable situation

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 25 21:18:16 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 10:09 PM, Matthew Mondor
<mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net>wrote:

> Meanwhile, if someone has a good understanding on the ECL condition
> system and wishes to explain how those C functions map to the
> hierarchical CLOS model, I'd be grateful, it wasn't clear to me when
> looking at universal_error_handler().

The CLOS model is pretty trivial: it is just used to implement the
conditions hierarchy. The problem is that it is not easy to create classes
from C and for that reason we build a bunch of C functions that use cl_error
and cl_cerror to signal those conditions. They are just wrappers around
them.