[Ecls-list] Unicode: uncomfortable situation

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Tue Jan 25 01:41:26 UTC 2011

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 15:01:30 +0100
"Pascal J. Bourguignon" <pjb at informatimago.com> wrote:

> So the lesson would be:
>
> 1- give a public API to get access to the condition attributes.
> 2- provide featureful restarts.

Thanks.  I guess that if comparing implementations, the consensus seems
to provide a condition/restart interface rather than a more transparent
one like the one I described in a few messages earlier.  I agree that
the condition must include the invalid bytes prior to their consuption
for user code to do whatever it wants with them, and that a restart
must be available to resume decoding.  Since we have several
SBCL-compatible interfaces, we also could try to make ECL's as close
as possible, since the SBCL way satisfies those requirements...
--
Matt