[Ecls-list] CRITICAL NEED FOR HELP

David Blubaugh davidblubaugh2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 24 16:38:42 UTC 2011

Actually,

ImpulseC is a ANSI C compiler.  It is a real C99 compiler, that is also a cross compiler.  The issue is that we need to treat this compiler as a black box.  Let it do the difficult work.  Is there a way to extend ECL to consider the possibility of supporting the ImpulseC environment??

ImpulseC does indeed generate executable files to simulate a program operating within a FPGA.  It does generate an executable file, like a standard C compiler !!!

ImpulseC is an environment that allows for a  program to be partitioned between a hardware creation and a software entity.  You can partition the most computational extensive parts into C source files hat will be generate into VHDL or Verilog for multiple different types of FPGA devices.  The limitations on the C hardware source file is close to the full featured ANSI C on a standard processor.

Please take  look at www.impulsec.com

Is anyone interested ??

David Blubaugh