[Ecls-list] Unicode: uncomfortable situation

Marko Kocić marko.kocic at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 12:48:25 UTC 2011

I don't see a reason why ECL would keep having feature-X disabled by
default if it already support it fully. I see the point in disabling
it only if it is highly an experimental feature. Features that are
enbled by default will certainly have much more testing in user code
then other.

As long as those features could be easily disabled in custom builds by
users that need smaller runtime, a bit faster execution, easier
embedding or whatever, I can't see a point in keeping them disabled by
default. I think the same about unicode and threads.

Just my 0.02€