[Ecls-list] how to build Ecl with preset higher memory bounds

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 20:33:16 UTC 2011

On 1/22/11 2:14 PM, Oliver Kullmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at go...> - 2011-01-21 13:35
> wrote:
>
> I think you are looking for this:
>
> http://ecls.sourceforge.net/new-manual/ch20s03.html
>
> The C equivalent
>
> http://ecls.sourceforge.net/new-manual/re41.html
>
> But the limits you are thinking about are, in my opinion, too large.
> Specially frame_stack_ecl. Are you going to have 2^14 NESTED
> tagbody/block/catch/unwind-protect structures?
>
> -----------------------
>
> The information http://ecls.sourceforge.net/new-manual/ch20s03.html
> I'm using already, but it doesn't work: It works from the (Maxima) command-line
> but not as an automated process, since then always some Lisp-process is already
> working, and Maxima segfaults --- and these batch-processes are the core of
> our activity.
Since that page says the limits can be set from the command line, you
can modify the maxima script to add those parameters to the command
line.  Or even give those on the command line to maxima.  (I forgot how
it's done, but maxima has the ability to supply command line arguments
to be passed to the underlying lisp.

Ray