[Ecls-list] ECL-generated executables and restarts

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Thu Jan 20 23:08:24 UTC 2011

On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 05:13:58 -0500
Matthew Mondor <mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net> wrote:

> Is there something my program must do to have a normal debugger
> including custom restarts when an unhandled condition occurs?
>
> Also, is what I'm doing sane, or would it be best to use the
> prologue/epilogue features of c::build-program?

I forgot to mention that apart from my custom restarts not being
available in the debugger, condition handling in the code still works
normally.

After re-reading the documentation on c::build-program, it seems that
the prologue or epilogue would probably do the same as what I'm
currently doing, as calling a custom function in any of the two would
prevent the standard top-level from running, if I understand.  It is
still unclear to me why custom restarts don't become available in the
debugger, though.

But it seems that what I need would be for the top-level to run, yet
for it to immediately call my main function (as if I had provided input
to be evaluated at the top-level REPL).  I'm not sure if this is
possible without code modifications.  I'll first do prologue and
epilogue tests, and if they fail will consider such an approach.

But should it be considered a bug that the non-toplevel debugger is
missing the restarts?

Thanks,
--
Matt