[Ecls-list] Release ready

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Sat Jan 15 03:44:48 UTC 2011

On Sat, 15 Jan 2011 00:36:47 +0100
Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I had to fix a number of bugs that were submitted during the last days.
> Unless somebody complains very loud (please, no! :-) I will tag and upload
> the 11.1.1 release this weekend.

I did a CVS update and rebuilt ECL on NetBSD/i686 and have not had
problems so far with my code.

However, I noticed a harmless error at the end of the build, as well as
another harmless error at the end of the install.  I wonder if those
might not require custom small patches for package maintainer
stubs/scripts; if so perhaps those errors could be avoided by the use
of a conditional?

At the end of the build:
etags: not found
*** Error code 127 (ignored)

For this first error, should ECL officially depend on etags, with
the configure script failing if it can't find it?  Or should it be
optional, and not invoked if not previously detected as available?
In any case, this warning is not new and as so far been harmless.

And the end of the install target:
done
make: exec(done) failed (No such file or directory)
*** Error code 1

It is unclear to me where that last ENOENT occured, but it's being
reported at the end only; this one is more likely to be viewed as a
real error by package-build scripts.

Thanks, and looking forward for the next official release soon, so I
can send an update to the pkgsrc stub too.
--
Matt