[Ecls-list] Segv during testing of GSL

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 14 23:35:44 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 9:42 AM, Matthieu ML <spmatthieu at kimian.fr> wrote:

> I will try to create a minimal test script for this error.
>  Thank you,

I tried building gsll from quicklisp but it does not work. Somehow it relies
on a new function from ASDF which was introduced recently
(run-shell-whatever) and which is not properly implemented for ECL, because
it is based on run-program and does not collect the output.

Right now I am not in a position to fix the ASDF function which seems to
offer more than what is possible. To name one thing, GSL uses this function
with a string-output-stream to collect the output from the program and right
now this can not be done with ECL (run-program at most allows, as of
tonight, deriving the output to a file or to a real stream)