[Ecls-list] Mingw32 build issues with libffi (libffi issue solved, patch needed, now sockets fails)

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 10 21:10:29 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 5:23 PM, Marko Kocić <marko.kocic at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can see that it is populated by configure, but I don't know how to
> create a patch for this. I suppose -lffi should be added there when
> ffi is detected, or maybe the right place is CORE_LIBS?

Sorry, I missed the previous email and I can not find it in my gmail
account. Was it properly sent?

Note that your email lists two different problems. The first one is that
libffi is not included in the flags. In order to do so you should build and
install the library in a "standard" location, one which is found by gcc and
ld. Either that or supply the appropriate CPPFLAGS (for the headers) and
LDFLAGS (for the library). Inspection of config.log will tell you whether
configure (autoconf's standard processes) found the library.

The second problem is related to sockets. But note that you are building ECL
using g++, not a C compiler. C++ compilers may be too strict for some of the
C inline code that is in sockets. In particular it seems that the type
conversions that are used do not work -- I am unsure about this, but ECL
seems to build just fine with a C++ compiler on other platforms. Maybe the
internet headers are different on Mingw :-/