[Ecls-list] Windows self-installer

Samium Gromoff _deepfire at feelingofgreen.ru
Wed Jan 5 11:09:14 UTC 2011

On Wed, 5 Jan 2011 11:14:26 +0100, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:
> The self-installer has been created using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008. If
> it causes problems, we might switch to Mingw32, but I would rather not do
> that.

The positive side of using Mingw, is that, from my experience, the
resulting ECL library does not depend on any kind of anything external
entities, not already present on a typical windows install.

Use of a MSVS-built ECL, again, from my experience, requires
installation of the Visual C redistributable on the user machine.

--
regards,
  Samium Gromoff