[Ecls-list] Help needed, really

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Tue Jan 4 22:40:17 UTC 2011

On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 08:41:52 -0600
Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions.net> wrote:

> I just landed in Paris and  see that a preliminary patch has been proposed
> when a lot of heat has already spilled into hard feelings on both sides.
> Given what it took to get here, and considering that I had no intention to waste
> anybody's time, I hope you understand my hesitation in believing (again) that
> something really useful might get out of this in reasonable time with
> nobody feeling
> unduly maligned

I hope that's not the case; there is no need to get emotional over
these technical issues, even if the discussion has been somewhat
difficult and demanded some personal energy...  This discussion most
probably had to occur at some point, and it resumed on the right
mailing list, getting archived and all.  So I don't think the effort is
wasted, and it even could have a possible outcome.

I just saw the new keyword-gathering code also; possibly that a library
such as trivial-features (as previously suggested by Samium), could
eventually help to provide generic "standarized" information from the
various implementation-specifics, and that it could include heuristics
based on those ECL *system-features* too, in the future...
--
Matt