[Ecls-list] Help needed, really

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr at integrable-solutions.net
Sun Jan 2 23:31:37 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 4:55 PM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
<juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 11:25 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis
> <gdr at integrable-solutions.net> wrote:
>>
>> However, we are all happy because for the limited set of platforms that
>> ECL *actually* runs, we can expect most C compilers to be blindsighted
>> and generate codes that *appear* to work -- even if the source code
>> is buggy.
>
> Should we start a flame war now on a different topic?

Only if you believe that pointing that ECL is reling  on undefned
behaviour at various places, is starting a flame war.  For example,
do you believe that the way ECL detects in which direction the C stack
grows is actual C code with defined behaviour?  It certainly isn't.

I was making a point to someone claiming that "ECL just works."
You don't have to feel bad about it or feel that it is a flame war.
It was meant to.  It was simply pointing out a basic fact to someone
making arguments in the abstract.

> Ah, great.

for what?

-- Gaby